New Year is ahead and I am sure you are planning for a new resolution of looking fit and healthy. But if you are one of those people who are not quite fond of the idea of getting inside a gym and do machine workouts, then here I have a list of exercises you can do at home without equipment. Just have a look—
Squats come first when you are planning to work out at home. How to do squats? Here are the few steps—
- Stand tall and straight. Spread your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower down your hips as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Bend your knees. And make sure your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Keep your chest up, head high, look straight and make sure your knees do not go beyond your toes.
- Stand back, start position and repeat.
Plank crawl is another effective exercise in losing weight. With 15-20 crawls you can get amazing results. Here are the steps—
- Put your hands under your shoulder just like you do in pushups.
- Keep your elbows directly under your shoulder and then lower yourself down one arm at a time into a plank position on your forearms.
- Go back to your push up position and push back one arm at a time.
- Change the arm while maintaining a straight body.
Push-ups are quite important when you want to lose weight without any machine workouts. Here are the steps—
- Keep your hands under the shoulder placing them on the floor.
- Bend your elbows close to your body and hold your body straight.
- Lower your chest between your hands and push back up into the starting position. In case you are finding it difficult then place your knees on the floor.
Leaps or Skaters
Doing perfect leaps will give you perfect weight loss results. Here how you need to do it—
- Put yourself into a semi-squat position.
- Leap sideways and land on your right foot.
- Push yourself off immediately to the opposite direction and land on your left foot.
- You should perform the leaps continuously.
Single-Leg lift Jump
This exercise helps in toning your body and losing weight. Here is how you need to do it—
- Stand straight and lift the left leg off the ground.
- Now try to touch the ground with your hands.
- When you are coming up, jump. Do not put the left leg down on the ground. Do it for 30 seconds. When you are finished, continue to do the same with the second leg.
This is an amazing exercise that reduces belly fat, tones your body muscles such as your thighs, abs and lower back. Here is how you need to do it—
- Sleep on the ground on your belly. Stretch yourself.
- Keep your hands and legs straight.
- Balance yourself on the tummy and lift your legs and chest of the ground at the same time.
- Keep yourself straight as much as possible.
- Do it for 30 seconds.
Skipping is the best way to lose weight at home for both the genders. It helps you to burn belly fat and fats around your thighs. Here is what you need to do—
- Take a jump rope and jump for 30 seconds.
- Make sure you use both your legs while jumping.
- The first session should be a normal one and then move to another 20-second session of intense skipping.
The bridge is another important exercise if you want to lose weight at home. Here is what you need to do—
- Lay on the floor on your back. Put your arms by your side.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees.
- Raise your hip up to a straight line from your shoulder to your knees and while doing it maintain a straight back.
- Hold yourself for 3 seconds.
- Come back to the same position slowly and repeat.
Body-weight Lunge is the best exercise to do if you want to lose weight. It helps your lower body in losing weight and toning up muscles. Here is what you need to do—
- Stand straight with your arms by your side.
- Cross your arms in front of your chest gently.
- Step forward on your left leg and gradually lower down your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees.
- Pause for a few seconds and push yourself to the beginning position as fast as you can.
Sounds quite superheroic but this exercise must be included in your exercise list if you want to lose weight at home. It enhances your overall flexibility and helps you in losing weight. Here is what you need to do—
- Pounce forward with your left leg and make sure your left leg is parallel to the floor.
- Slowly lean forward, place your right hand on the floor in a parallel line with your left foot.
- Grab your right arm just above your elbow with your left hand and place your left elbow below your left knee.
- Step your right leg forward and squeeze the glutes and then return to standing.
- Repeat the same for the opposite side.
So here are a few exercises you can do at home without any machines. So buckle up now and start your amazing weight loss journey with these simple exercises. Share your experience in the comment below.