Most people think that the weight loss journey is quite a pain as they have to sacrifice a lot of their favorite food and compromise with their taste buds. They either stick to plain chicken or fish along with some brown rice or salad. But in between all these they are missing something which will not only improve their taste buds but also help them losing weight. And those are – herbs and spices.
Herbs are something works amazingly in your diet plan. You can add them into your food, salad or eat it raw. Herbs and spices add a lot of flavor in your food and improve the taste as well as boost your metabolism so that your body can burn fats and calories.
Here we have come up with a list of herbs and spices you can add into your food—
- Green Tea – Green tea comes first as your rescue when it comes to losing weight. It helps in boosting your body metabolism and burns your body fat and calories. Green tea also has antioxidants that give you a clear skin and healthy life. Here is what you can do with green tea—
- Put 2 teaspoon of green tea in a cup of hot water.
- Keep it for 3 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink 4-5 cups a day.
- Ginger – Ginger smells quite nice. And it adds a lot of flavor in your food. What else does it do? It suppresses your urge of eating junks or high calorie food and improves your metabolism. In addition to all these, it also improves your digestive system. What you can do with ginger is—
- Make ginger tea and drink two to three cups daily.
- Grate the ginger and add it to your meal
- Eat small ginger pieces in between your meal.
- Hibiscus – It is not only a beautiful flower but also as very useful herb. There are a lot of nutrients, nutrients and various minerals that help lower the body’s absorption of fats and carbohydrates. The best thing about hibiscus is that helps you to reduce water weight. What you can do with hibiscus is –
- To make hibiscus tea add 2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus petals to 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and add honey and lemon juice for taste. Drink 2-3 cups a day.
- Turmeric – Turmeric improves insulin resistance and helps you to meet your weight loss goal in a few days. Turmeric also helps in breaking down your body fat. Here is how you can use turmeric—
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a little raw honey in 1 cup of warm water. Drink this once daily.
- Drink turmeric tea twice daily. To make the tea add ½ teaspoon each of turmeric powder and dry ginger powder to 2 cups of boiling water and let it simmer for 10 minutes then add lemon juice for taste and drink it twice daily.
- Garlic – Most people do not really like garlic because of its stink but this herb is actually a very helpful one when it comes to losing weight and a healthy body. It helps in burning body fat and improves metabolism. Here is what you can do—
- Add it in your salad.
- You can even eat one or two prices of raw garlic in a day.
- Cinnamon – You may not know but cinnamon is actually helpful when it comes to controlling your blood sugar. What else, it prevents you from craving for carbohydrates and junks. How can use cinnamon? Here is how—
- Mix cinnamon in your favorite cheese, plain yogurt or in your iced tea.
- Add cinnamon on your oat meal.
- Use it to marinade your meat.
- Cumin – Cumin seeds can help you in losing weight by burning fat and burning calories. It also increases the flavor of almost everything when you add cumin. Here is what you can do –
- Try it out on soups, stews or dressing.
- Use it when to marinade your meat.
- Use cumin while baking breads.
- Korean Ginseng – This herb is well known for boosting metabolism and body energy and helps in losing weight. Along with that it also manages your stress level and keeps a control on your insulin level.
- Drink 2 cups of Korean ginseng tea daily
- You can also get Korean Ginseng tablets. Take 1-3 tablets of 500mg per day for 3 months.
- Dandelion – Dandelion is an amazing herb that helps you in losing weight. It also helps you to control your blood sugar and suppresses your appetite. Here is what you can do –
- Drink one cup of dandelion tea ever day before meal. To make the tea add 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root to 1 cup of water and boil it for 1 minute.
- Add fresh dandelion herbs to your salad or soup.
- Cardamom – Cardamom helps your body to boost metabolism and burns your body fat and energy. What you can do with cardamom is—
- Blend it on tea or Indian style curry.
So here are few herbs and spices you will find in your kitchen that will help you in losing weight. Add them in your food and improve your taste buds as well as get best results in losing weight.